Monday, July 15, 2013

ABOUT ME

I am a retired guy whose political experience ranges from the Civil Rights and Anti-Vietnam War movements of the 1960s, and other social justice movements that I experienced up to the present day. One of my earliest memories was listening to Franklin Roosevelt's radio address to the nation about the December 7th attack on Hawaii and that Congress had declared war on Japan in an emergency session. The stunned look on the faces of my extended family left a deep impression on me.

During my early activist days I became aware of the overwhelming use of misinformation that I had been subject to in schools and media. I have since read widely in an effort to overcome this indoctrination of false ideas. I think the propaganda-loaded reports that we are now getting from mainstream media is worse than I can ever remember. Thus, with this website I would like to assist others to learn about what is going on by reading the reports from more independent, reliable sources.

Also, I am offering it to those of you who do not have the time as I do to search the world wide web for insightful articles and reliable sources that can inform your political actions. Occasionally I will be offering opinion pieces of my own based on a lifetime of political activism. Finally, I have supplied other sources of information such as books and films that I've found helpful in my own life to understand the major issues that are currently facing us.

My views can be ascertained by reading my latest essay "Fake leaders and ineffective movements" that I wrote in May 2020. Other than that, you could learn more by reading my category of "best posts" found at the bottom-right.


Contact me:
I welcome any suggestions about improving this website or any other questions or comments by contacting me, Ron H, directly at my email address: ronh36@protonmail.com or an alternative email address: rdh@sekur.com (a very private email service).

4 comments:

  1. Ron, Thanks for the link to Mickey's story on WorldNewsTrust.com. Mickey's pleased to see it. Regards, Francis Goodwin, WNT managing editor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you've linked to a couple of posts from my Polemicist blog. Glad you found them useful. Thanks for passing them on. Thanks also for the great work you're doing. You've got one of the best sites for a daily compendium of what's necessary to read on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used your valuable blog for many years now Ron, and appreciate your dedication to the 'real' truth. Peace, The Ol' Hippy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have much admiration for a person like you...kudos for the wonderful information you share with us...

    ReplyDelete